Donate
Cow Bop TV

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ups and Downs















What a bunch of hours! Last night was tough, due to some misfires or whatever we were nearly skunked in Springfield. I'll tell ya, on the eve of my birthday, talking these people out on the road for a good cause I was feeling like I let a lot of us down...a tough night.

Then as mornings often are, everything was fresh, and what else...a birthday cozy dog?! That's right, the birthplace of the corn dog...we walked into an enthusiastic crowd, very generous, made us realize we were doing the right thing. Lots of historic stops, Soulsby's Station and The Rabbit Ranch, before sliding into Edwardsville. We had a cool hang with Mike and Judy, (the Catsup Bottle folks) and they set us up with the coolest gig at The Stagger Inn, just footsteps away from Route 66. Saw my pal Rick Heydon, he runs the guitar program at SIUE, a swingin picker. We got some video, I'll try and see if I can get it put on the web...stay tuned.

Just a reminder, we are out here raising funds and awareness for JazzMasters Workshop...could use your help...hint, hint, come on, put your money where your ears are!

Bruce

No comments:

Code of the West Banner